How to proceed with Search Result Satisfaction simulation?
1. Make sure that you fully understand the query and user intent. If you do not fully understand user intent, make additional research on the Internet.
2. Determine what type of query (user intent) is:
o Single entity (business) query with local or non local or both intent/to visit in person/navigate to a website
o Business chain query or query which is looking for business within one category (e.g. car repair service near me)
o Simple know query (where the user requests a specific piece of information, do not assign the Fully Meets rating to any particular result, the correct answer must be present in an SCRB).Examples of simple know queries:paris weather, delta airlines customer service number, current time in Amsterdam)
o Information query seeking a long answer/piece of information (what cases stress) URL/website query
3. Consider the following aspects while giving ratings to result blocks: user location, for local intent queries far away results are useless or slightly relevant. This aspect is very important for the following types of queries: tire shops near me, where to eat near me, Walmart near me, etc. When you get a task with this type of query do use in built map for researching user location/view port and results.
4. Make sure you give correct ratings to special content result blocks for single entity and business category queries. In case of business chain/category query, the result block with a list of businesses is always better than just result for a single business within one category.
5. Consider expertise and trustworthiness of search results for financial, legal, and health related queries; low expertise and trustworthiness automatically reduce needs met rating of the results.
6. Think of dominant, possible common, and minor interpretations for the query and take this aspect into account while giving ratings to a result block. Minor interpretation results should get a low usefulness (Needs Met) rating.
7. Take into account how well the web page/website is optimized for mobile users.
8. Once you have analyzed and considered all listed above aspects, you should give a rating to result blocks one by one.
Note: In order to visit the LP on mobile, click on the result block and scan the QR code with any mobile QR code reader.
Note: Do not close active sessison/browser during doing this test, otherwise your answers will not be saved and you will have to do this simulation again.
Note: Flags (Did not load, Foreign language, etc) and selecting duplicates are ommited in the simulation.
Note: In Needs Met test, most of results blocks have Needs Met and E-A-T (previously PQ) sliders. Main focus should be on providing correct Needs Met rating, which in some cases might be affected by E-T-A (PQ) rating when it comes to YMYL queries and results. Leapforce/Google re-named PQ to E-T-A in part 3 to make it clear that the most important aspects in PQ are expertise, trustworthiness and authority. In general it is similar to PQ concept. While giving E-T-A rating you should evaluate MC under these 3 criteria. In most cases you may do it fast at a first glance approach, but be sure to provide good evaluation for E-T-A when you have YMYL query.